COVID-19 Updates 03/30/20 5:53:13 PM
March 30, 2020
Ag is Essential Infrastructure. CHS Locations Continue to Operate.
Kansas Gov. Laura Kelly has issued a Stay-at-Home Order related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The order will be in effect from 12:01 a.m., March 30, 2020, through April 19, 2020. Consistent with guidance from the United States Department of Homeland Security, the order exempts certain essential infrastructure and services, including agriculture and food.
After a full review of the order, CHS has determined that its operations fit within this exemption and we will continue to operate to provide essential products and services so cooperatives, retailers and farmers can plant and grow crops, raise livestock and bring the food they produce to market.
Download a letter from CHS to our customers and growers in Kansas here.
March 26, 2020
Feed Warehouse News
As the impact of COVID-19 evolves, CHS remains focused on the health and wellbeing of our employees, our customers and owners, and our communities.
We are still operating but wanted to make you aware of new procedures we have implemented at our feed warehouse in Sharon Springs.
- All customers who need feed should go directly to the feed warehouse instead of the main office where our feed team will assist them.
- The feed warehouse will be open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday (7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MT) to load and serve customers.
- The feed warehouse will be closed on Thursdays for restocking so we will be unavailable to serve customers at that time.
- If you have questions about this or other feed needs, please contact Lyn Lamm, feed division manager, on his cell phone at 785-821-0990, or call the Sharon Springs main office at 785-852-4241.
We will adjust our practices as necessary in the coming days, weeks or months. Please check our website at chsunitedplainsag.com for the latest updates. We value your business, your trust in CHS and appreciate your understanding during this time. We look forward to resuming normal interactions as soon as circumstances allow.
March 25, 2020
As you are aware, the impact of the global pandemic caused by COVID-19 continues to rapidly evolve. Safety is a core value for CHS and includes a focus on the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, customers and owners, and the communities in which we live and work.
We understand that spring is here, and we want to emphasize; we’re still operating to support our growers and customers. We are simply adjusting some protocols. CHS has implemented the following changes effective Wednesday, March 25, until further notice:
• We are limiting access at all locations. We respectfully ask you to contact us through phone or email whenever possible. Some of our locations have enacted split shift schedules; staff that can work remotely, have been asked to do so and will be available via phone or e-mail.
• If you need a grain check, please contact us. We can mail it or arrange for a convenient time for you to pick it up.
• All visitors, vendors and drivers to our office will be required to complete a questionnaire before entering our facilities. We are also asking all staff, visitors, vendors and drivers to adhere to the 6-foot distance recommended by the CDC to reduce virus spread.
• We have restricted face-to-face meetings. Our sales staff will conduct business via phone, text or email. As a company that prides itself on the relationships we have built, this will be a difficult change. However, face-to-face meetings pose a greater risk for everyone involved. If you need to conduct critical business that requires an in-person meeting, please call for an appointment to confirm access to the facility and availability of staff.
• We ask you to call ahead for product pickup whenever possible, our team will ensure that everything is ready to load upon your arrival.
• For those customers or vendors delivering grain or picking up products, we ask that you limit your time in the office to essential business. At some locations, we are asking drivers to remain in their cab. Please check our location policies or watch for information and direction upon arrival.
?We will adjust our practices as necessary in the coming days, weeks or months. Please check back here for the latest updates. Rest assured, it is our commitment that we will continue to provide excellent service and support throughout this unprecedented time, even if we must do it differently. We value your business, your trust in CHS and appreciate your understanding during this time. We look forward to resuming normal interactions as soon as circumstances allow.